xPON products: DTPON3000
EPON (Ethernet Passive Optical Network) is a new optical access network technology which uses point-to-multipoint architecture and passive optical transmission to provide a range of services over Ethernet. With the development of optical fiber and the phasing out of copper and the imminent all-IP access network era, on the strength of years of experience in communication, Datang Mobile can provide a wide range of end-to-end EPON devices, including OLTs, ONUs and splitters. Of these, the OLT can provide up to 120 PON ports for carrier-class high-density access. Complete with many security features and bandwidth management capabilities, the OLT and ONU products deliver significantly improved reliability.
- Super-high density, up to 120 GEPON ports per unit.
- Up to 3.2Tbps of backplane bandwidth, and 952Mpps of layer-3 forwarding capacity.
- 1:1 backup available for the main control unit, power and other key modules of the system.
- Comprehensive support for layer-2 and layer-3 MPLS VPN.
- Distributed modular design, multi-processor distribution and Crossbar structure.
- Network coverage diameter more than 20 km.
- Optical link budget more than 29 dB.
- This product is widely used at converging and access layers of metropolitan networks of operators. It can be used by broadcasting stations for two-way HFC upgrades and triple-play applications. It can also be used for the development of optical fiber technology and phasing out of copper, especially for ongoing access upgrades in suburban and older areas. In addition, it can be used for FTTO/FTTB/FTTH access in residential areas, business enterprises and commercial buildings, in automated upgrades of power distribution networks, and for video surveillance purposes.